Project: Hamlet New Malt Plant
Client: Froedtert Malt Corporation (now Malteurop)
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
CMC Engineering and Management Ltd. was awarded the contract for conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design for 150,000 TPA present and 300,000 TPA future malthouse, storage elevator, and infrastructure on a green field site.
- Feasibility study and site selection.
- Conceptual engineering for approximately 10 various malthouse and grain storage silo designs. Selection of general contractor through North American wide request for proposals.
- Negotiation of PP partnership agreement.
- Negotiation of project delivery system to suit owner’s specific needs.
- Detailed engineering for malthouse storage, infrastructure including rail, roads and underground services.
- Preparation, issuing, evaluation of tender procurement documents for equipment (approx. $20 million).
- Preparation, issuing, evaluation of construction tenders for piling, roads, rail, underground services, foundations, superstructure, mechanical and electrical.
- Evaluation of all tender documents.
- Preparation and updating construction schedules (P3). Project procedures manual.
- Implementation of Project Management and Cost Control System (Expedition).
- Environmental permitting for sewer, water, and air emissions.
- Building permits.
- Power distribution including 14.7/480 substation.
- Complete plant automation including plant operation, scheduling, MIS.