Project: Facility Upgrade
Client: Weyburn Inland Terminal Ltd.
Location: Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada
CMC Engineering and Management Ltd. was awarded the contract for project management, detailed engineering design,procurement, and automation software development for this facility upgrade.
- Conceptual planning and flow sheet development to double overall throughput of the facility without structural changes to the plant. Project goals were to reduce operating cost, increase customer service and company profitability, reduce risk of explosions through modifications to dust control system, and improve quality and consistency of product. All modifications had to be performed with minimum interruption of operating facility.
- Development of budget and minimum cost of the project.
- Development of schedule for the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning of the work.
- Equipment procurement and construction contract tendering, negotiation, and award. Contract administration, cost control, and regular progress reporting. Cooperation with Owner’s construction supervisor.
- Reconfiguration of existing grain cleaning equipment with new equipment to provided an integrated system able to support increase throughput.
- Design of new material handling systems to sustain throughput increase. Major equipment installed included addition of two new bucket elevators to separate cleaning and shipping functions and new chain conveyors to replace existing shuttle type belt conveyors.
- Installation of new bin top floor as original plant had none.
- Conversion of all bin bottom gates to metering type gates.
- Dust control upgrades to entire plant. New byproduct handling, storage, and loadout system. New central vacuum cleaning system.
New hardware and custom designed software to provide automation capable of reducing manpower and improving plant throughput. Electronics upgrade to existing scales. Special interfaces at high profile