Project: Pre-feasibility Study for Countrywide Maize Storage in Zambia
Client: IFC - World Bank Group
Location: Countrywide - Zambia
IFC retained CMC Engineering as the technical consultant to study the economic feasibilty of upgrading the present maize supply/value chain.
This project has just been completed and is awaiting Government of Zambia approval to proceed to the next phase. The economic/technical pre-feasibility study included the following topics:
- Review of existing maize supply chain.
- Review of existing supply chain economics.
- Commercial issues and merchandising.
- Strategic solutions for storage addition.
- Cost/benefit analysis for the rehabilitation of existing obsolete concrete storage silos. Estimated capital costs and concession fees.
- Cost/benefit analysis for government to operate the supply chain for food security.